Music's influence

My mind immediately went back to my 10 year old self. My best friend at the time was around different kinds of music than I was. My parents only listened to country and old school rock, whereas her parents listened to rap and heavy metal type of stuff. I'll never forget being this little 4th grader and knowing the words to Eminem's "Superman." I'll include a link of that song so you guys can get a hint of what kind of music my innocent mind was rapping out loud. Fair warning: pretty raunchy lyrics.
 
For my 10th birthday, I begged my mom to buy me Eminem's album "Curtain Call." Of course, when I finally did convince her, she bought the clean version so there's a bunch of bleeps throughout the songs. Something I remember the most is the cashier whom checked us out that day. He had the nerve to tell my mom that he would never allow his children to listen to this type of music; now, it's not that I don't get that because the thought of my daughter listening to the music I listen to is kind of a gut wrenching feeling, but the way he said it was just really not nice. Even if you don't agree with someone's decision, you have no right to "protect" them from a certain type of music. It's the great thing about free will.
Image result for curtain call eminem
 
It's hard to decide between favorite genres, so I'm going to go with top 2. Late 90's/Early 2000's Country and Rap. My favorite artists are Eminem, 50 cent, Ludacris, Kendrick Lamar, JoDee Messina, Shania Twain, Martina McBride, Toby Keith... and many more but these guys are ones I listen to daily.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News

The Challenge- Blog project #1