Magazines

Image result for j-14

J-14 Magazine
 
 Over the years I have read quite a few magazines but the top ones that were in my life are the following:
J-14: the typical magazine for pre-teens that always gave you posters to plaster all over your walls. This was my jam back in the day mainly because I thought I was cool to have all the new posters and keep up with the celebrities of my age. The bright colors and interesting information helped as well. 
 
Seventeen: The best magazine for makeup tips, fashion, and taboo advice. I always loved the prom edition of this magazine so I could fawn over these beautiful dresses and imagine what my own prom would be like. I particularly liked that they had a question and answer section, an embarrassing story section, and also a part where they would talk about a real life person and their personal story.
 
Star: Gossip magazine 100%. There truly isn't anything special about this magazine, it's just the one that my mom subscribes to and I happen to read it when there is nothing else to do.
 
Seventeen and Star has similar advertising, like for makeup (Maybelline) and perfume. I don't remember what advertising was inside J-14 but I'm sure it was aimed towards pre-teen kids who enjoyed music.
 
I think this shows me as a typical consumer in the US. I don't buy these for substance, I buy (bought) them for pure entertainment. So basically I waste my money on pointless products because I think I need them... when I don't :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fake News

Music's influence